First Thought: How many idiots can you fit into Mark Zuckerbergs Clubhouse … Do your trust the manipulators on that domain …. what’s the name of that domain name where 2 billion folks keep all their shit … oh, it’s called Fake Book ? … YEP, 2 BILLION IDIOTS SHARING 1 DOMAIN !
How many idiots know what a domain name is ? 1 OUT OF 10 FOLKS ? Oh, it must be due the lie they told you … how the BUBBLE that never was POPPED !
HOW MANY FOLKS KNOW THAT IT’S NOT ALL THAT HARD TO MAKE YOUR OWN CYBER TOILET … AKA … A ‘DOMAIN’
THESE QUESTION IS ONLY DESIGNED FOR PEOPLE WHO DON’T TRUST OR ENJOY SHARING 1 TOILET OR 1 LIVING ROOM WITH 2 BILLION OTHER ‘FOLKS’
IF YOU DON’T ENJOY OR TRUST SHARING YOUR TOILET OR LIVING ROOM OR PHONE WITH 2 BILLION OTHER ‘FOLKS’ …. GET YOUR OWN DOMAIN NAME AND KEEP YOUR OWN SHIT IN YOUR OWN SHED …. OR NOT !
DOMAIN NAMES ARE AKIN TO CYBER REAL ESTATE …
GET YOUR OWN 5 ACRES ! AND DON’T LET ANYONE TELL YOU WHAT TO PLANT ON YOUR OWN FARM … C’MON… YOU CAN DO IT ! IT’S NOT THAT HARD … WAKE UP !
YOU’RE READY TO PICK A NEW TELEPHONE NUMBER THAT BELONGS TO YOU !
as for domain name ‘investing’ …. buying and selling and trading … take your time and only buy domain names you would like to keep for the long run ….
Rick Swartz, aka ‘The Domain King’ has some interesting simple advice to share ….
the very best point he shares is this : NEVER PUT PRIVACY ON YOUR DOMAIN NAME … IT SHOULD BE VERY PUBLIC AND VERY EASY TO CONTACT THE OWNER … THERE ARE EVEN LAWS INDICATING THAT YOU DON’T REALLY OWN IT IF YOU DO OTHERWISE.
CHECK THESE TIPS OUT:
The Domain King 25 Point Step by Step Guide to Domain Investing (RicksBlog.com)
The Domain King 25 Point Step by Step Guide to Domain Investing
I really don’t care if you agree with my steps or not and I am used to it. Most won’t. But if you are not making MILLIONS with your domains then maybe, just maybe, take it seriously. This is my suggested path. There are many other paths but again, if you’re not making millions on that path, don’t argue.
Best is to have one domain and build a successful business not a “Feel Good” site. One is being a business person and the other is being a starving artist. Sorry, but I DO make that distinction and before you just dismiss it, you should think about it too. Businesses have a cash register.
1.* Focus on .COM domains that are easy to spell and pass the radio test.
2. Make sure you have another source of income to support your investments.
3. Target with a rifle not a shotgun. Your first purchase may be your most important.
4. Each purchase should be like it was your first except armed with more knowledge
5. Hook up the new domain to PPC and see if it has traffic and who is bidding on that traffic.
6. Select secure registrar.
7. Make sure your whois is public.
8. Test, Test, Test.
9. Patience. Patience. Patience. You are not selling umbrellas in a rain storm. You are selling the most important decision they ever made.
10. Learn how to sell.
11. Learn how to write an effective email.
12. Learn to personalize.
13. Learn how to stay focused on their needs, not yours!
14. LISTEN to them and stop talking.
15. Answer their questions honestly and truthfully.
16. POINT OUT PITFALLS before they even ask!! That is STRONG selling!
17. Protect them as well as sell them! That’s STRONG selling
Side note: That’s what pisses me off about the GTLD guys and how weak they are at selling is this:At least have the BALLS and the DECENCY to tell them to add the WWW before the domain until it is recognized. Alert them to the confusion so they can avoid the confusion. But they are weak and they don’t do that and the only thing they can do is bash .com’s. That’s weak! So until they do that, it’s just a fraud to me.
18. Stop talking about Escrow.com. It won’t help you close a sale and you are wasting time and space to actually add value. BIG MISTAKE!
19. Stop talking about how old the domain is. It won’t help you close the sale and you are wasting time and space to actually add value.n BIG MISTAKE
20. Stop talking about PRICE and talk about USE! Their use, not your needs. Not your desperation.
21. Don’t send out another email the same day or even the next day asking if they got your email. BIG MISTAKE. Send it in a few weeks with some news and value. Send them an article. But wait a few WEEKS or more.
22. Watch my twitter videos and allow yourself to change bad habits into good ones.
23. Filter out all the noise. There are only a handful of credible sources in the domain industry. If they have something to sell you, question their credibility. Start with DNJournal.com and focus on a few credible blogs.
24. Success in Domains is about longevity and the future. Lasting power. Focusing on domains of value because they have the right elements.
25. Create income streams early and often.
These are such basic elements and folks that skip steps on a ladder always fall off the ladder. Take it, leave it or post it and follow it. Your choice. It’s as valuable as you make it or just discard and forget.
And for the first time ever, I am not allowing comments on this post. It will remain in its pure form. There are many more points I can make. But this is a decent start.
*If you want to ignore, resist or argue about this, there is nothing I can do for you. Working at Denny’s vs owning Capital Grille. I don’t do Denny’s. Can’t help you until you figure out for yourself. Good Luck on the journey.